Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughts that turn to song on the road




Canyonlands
The Canyonlands are calling you home...
The Canyonlands are calling you home...

Wild daisies bow and wave by the roadside...
At the traffic that blows on by.
With every mile, I leave a trail behind...
Drops of blue along the highway lines.
Drops of blue on the highway lines.

But, the river she shines in the sunlight...
A brown and golden guide.
Leading me up this mountain high...
Stealing my sorrow with a smile and a sigh.
She steals my sorrow with a smile and a sigh.

And the Canyonlands are calling you home...
The Canyonlands are calling you home.

They say you can lead a horse to water...
But you can't make him drink.
And if he's saddled with the past,
And a love gone bad...
It can surely make him sink.
It was bound to make him sink.

And love can leave you off before your destination...
On the shoulder with your bags packed alone.
Is there a path that leads you back to an open door...
An open heart can lead you home.
Your open heart will lead you home.

Met a Wolf last night...
Had a sheep's coat on.
Eyes fixed and glowing like the desert moon above.
He'd have entered my den...
If I had let him in.
Trading my shelter for his love.
To trade my shelter for his love.

But, the Canyonlands keep calling You Home.
The Canyonlands are calling You home.
The Canyonlands are calling You home.
When You listen to the quiet night,
You'll know.


JV ~ 8/25/10 ~



No comments:

Post a Comment