Saturday, September 1, 2012

MARIE MAY



Hey Marie, 
Its been a long time.
Looked you up in my photographs, from 1945.
Ooh the way you looked in that dress.
Oh Marie so full of grace, if only you'd said "yes".

Do You Remember me, Marie?
Outside your window, with my hopes and misery?
I know your heart, it aches, Marie.
Smiling with your teary eyes, 
For all those eyes have seen...
....Marie.

Hey Marie, 
I heard about that night.
Wish I could have been there for you
To hold you close and tight.
Ooh the way some dreams just have to fade.
But I know...Down in your soul,
You know they're with you...
....everyday.

Do you remember me, Marie?
Outside your window, with my young man's misery?
I know your life's been hard, Marie.
Smiling with those teary eyes,
And oh, what those eyes have seen...
....Marie.

Marie...
Marie...

Do you remember me, Marie?
I am the one who let you slip away from me.
I know your heart, it aches, Marie...
Smiling with your teary eyes, 
If only they'd seen me...
Marie...
Marie...
Marie...
Marie...

....Marie.


For (my Aunt) Marie May


No comments:

Post a Comment